● Bibliotheca Baltica strives to make the cultural heritage of the Baltic Sea Region more visible and relevant.
Ambition and role
● Bibliotheca Baltica is an association for all libraries with collections and programs of relevance for the heritage of the Baltic Sea Region.
● Bibliotheca Baltica deems education, research, and literary production as areas worthy of special attention.
● Bibliotheca Baltica works in conjunction with partners outside the library sector – private as well as public organizations (universities, literary organizations, corporations, etc.).
● Bibliotheca Baltica advocates closer collaboration within in the Baltic Sea Region, and follows governmental recommendations on how to enhance such cooperation.
● Bibliotheca Baltica organizes conferences to foster collaboration and the exchange of ideas.
● Bibliotheca Baltica is an active partner in international digitization projects, not as a producer, but as an active mediator.
● Bibliotheca Baltica is a bridge to other library organizations in Europe.
Statutes of Bibliotheca Baltica
Baltic Sea Library
The virtual Baltic Sea library is a continuously growing anthology of representative literary texts broadly connected with the Baltic Sea that seeks to provide multiple insights into the Baltic Sea region.