● Bibliotheca Baltica strives to make the cultural heritage of the Baltic Sea Region more visible and relevant.
Ambition and role
● Bibliotheca Baltica is an association for all libraries with collections and programs of relevance for the heritage of the Baltic Sea Region.
● Bibliotheca Baltica deems education, research, and literary production as areas worthy of special attention.
● Bibliotheca Baltica works in conjunction with partners outside the library sector – private as well as public organizations (universities, literary organizations, corporations, etc.).
● Bibliotheca Baltica advocates closer collaboration within in the Baltic Sea Region, and follows governmental recommendations on how to enhance such cooperation.
● Bibliotheca Baltica organizes conferences to foster collaboration and the exchange of ideas.
● Bibliotheca Baltica is an active partner in international digitization projects, not as a producer, but as an active mediator.
● Bibliotheca Baltica is a bridge to other library organizations in Europe.
Statutes of Bibliotheca Baltica
General Assembly Minutes
Lübeck, 15 September 2022
On-line, 2 December 2020
Rostock, 4 October 2018
Riga, 20 October 2016
Flemingsberg, Stockholm, 9 October 2014
Baltic Sea Library
The virtual Baltic Sea library is a continuously growing anthology of representative literary texts broadly connected with the Baltic Sea that seeks to provide multiple insights into the Baltic Sea region.
Council of the Baltic Sea States
Virtuelle Fachbibliothek Nordeuropa und Ostseeraum
Bibliotheca Baltica’s financial documents can be found here: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.